- The Product Support Engineer is responsible for providing efficient problem resolution, clarifications, and advice against relevant Service Requests on product operations and/or maintenance with high time sensitivity.
- Own and manage assigned Service Requests and provide product support to ensure efficient problem resolution
- Respond to Service Requests for technical support that come in via phone, email, web, or other mechanisms with proper answer
- Acts as a liaison between the customer and sustaining engineering teams, and interface with other teams on design, reliability and maintainability for all products.
- Consult with Quality, Engineering, Manufacture and management regarding problem escalation, problem resolution, and potential critical accounts and situations.
- Identify and resolve product issues as part of an overall effort to provide design, application, technical, and troubleshooting assistance to product sales and field engineers, certified support providers, distributors, maintenance shops and customers.
- Facilitate the Service Requests reviews with sustaining and relevant engineering teams.
- Document all support activity by standardized procedures in company Service Requests management system, and creates solutions for the Product Knowledge base.
- Work to gain knowledge of how product’s software and hardware is applied in the marketplace.
- Maintain product proficiency by attending appropriate classes, seminars, and professional development activities.
- Travel as required to support customers, as well as customer conferences as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Product and solutions knowledge in a wide range of avionics products in terms of systems, hardware and software.
- Strong troubleshooting, customer service and analytical skills.
- Positive attitude when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Fluent in Chinese and English
- Occupational Health and Safety Acumen
- 3+ years of experience as a Development Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Systems Integration Engineer, or Systems Verification Engineer.
- Avionics development and design experience.
- Ability to operate, install/uninstall, configure, wire and test avionics product, related hardware and software.
- Ability to quickly reproduce a customer problem, isolate cause and drive resolution.
- In-depth technical, application and domain knowledge.
- Strong communication and presentation skills as measured by previous technical presentations to customers and/or key stakeholders highly desired.
- Experience implementing new processes and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- A high-level of self-motivation, commitment and activity to attain corporate and personal goals.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
AVIAGE SYSTEMS is a 50/50 joint venture between General Electric Company (GE) and Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) .
Building on a historic partnership between two world-leading aerospace companies, AVIAGE SYSTEMS aims to elevate the future of flight by unleashing our world-class talent, cutting-edge innovation and powerful partnerships.